The person nominated as Sweep drives the last vehicle in a convoy and advises the Trip Leader of a convoy’s progress around turns and obstacles, departure from a stop, and entering and exiting major roads. If/when the convoy gets turned around from a missed turn or other reason the Sweep acts as the Trip Leader until the Trip Leader can again get to the head of the convoy.
Duties of Sweep
- Assist Trip Leader (TL) with trip as directed.
- Advise drivers of their convoy position as they move off from a stop (whether their position has been appointed by TL or self-selected) and record these positions should they be required later by TL.
- Advise TL when the convoy is mobile.
- Advise TL when a nominated change in direction completed.
- Advise TL when the convoy has completed the move from or to a major road.
- Advise TL when a participant leaves convoy. Stay with the participant that may have briefly left the convoy. Advises TL when mobile again.
- Close/Leave Open gates as advised by TL.
- Ensure cleanliness of area at all stops before leaving.