Cockburn 4WD Club Inc. is a Department of Transport (DoT) Approved Club
Concessions for Classics Scheme
- Be owned by the primary financial member of a DoT approved car club, like Cockburn 4WD Club, or
- Be owned by a DoT approved motoring club or association.
- Be a light vehicle (i.e. a GVM equal to or less than 4500 kg).
- Fit into one of the following descriptions:
o manufactured prior to 1990, or
o street rod as defined in the National Guidelines for the Construction and Modification of Street Rods in Australia.
- 75% exemption from vehicle licence fee
- Reduced rate on motor injury insurance
- Vehicles can only be used for a maximum of 90 days per calendar year, being:
o 60 days to participate in approved motoring club events; and
o 30 days for personal use (includes road testing, repair and maintenance).
- Vehicle owners to record the vehicle use in a logbook, prior to commencing each journey.
- Vehicles cannot be used for fee, hire or reward.
- Vehicles must display an approved plate or label stating “Restricted Use’.
- Concession can be applied to cars, motorbikes, trailers, caravans, and street rods complying with the weight limit.
- Car clubs are also eligible for a 75% concession on club vehicles if the club is a legal entity as defined as a corporate body, an incorporated body (like Cockburn 4WD Club), or any other organisation that is recognised as being a legal entity.
- A vehicle licence with this concession is not transferable without the approval of Concessions Section.
- The concession is applied from the date of application.
- Applicants must submit a Concessions for Classics Scheme (Form E116) for each vehicle they wish to apply the C4C to.
- Ensure that the Club declaration on the form has been certified by our Cockburn 4WD Club Authorised Officers:
o Graham Salter
- If the vehicle is currently licensed, completed & certified applications can be submitted to DoT via:
o Email: email@example.com
o By post: Vehicle Services (Concessions), Department of Transport, GPO Box R1290, Perth WA 6844
o In person: at a Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) centre, DoT regional office or agent
Cockburn 4WD Club Inc. responsibilities
- As a DoT approved car club, we are required to:
o maintain a register of our financial members, and notify DoT of any changes to their membership status;
o maintain a register of the vehicles owned by our club members on the C4C;
o maintain a register of our approved club events, and
o notify the DoT should the club disband, or the Incorporation Status ceases.
- On a scheduled and ad-hoc basis, Cockburn 4WD Club will be required to provide DoT with copies of the registers and information for auditing and compliance with the concession requirements.