The eligibility to become a Member of the Cockburn 4WD Club is to:
- Own or have access to a road registered, mechanically sound 4WD vehicle with high and low range gears.
- VW Amaroks are exempt from the low range provision.
- ‘Soft roaders’ and ‘All Wheel Drives’ may join a Trip dependent on approval from the Trip Manager.
- Provide email address, mobile phone number, street address, vehicle make and model, next of kin details.
- Complete all details for a Membership Package.
- Attend a reasonable amount of Club Meetings and Trips.
- There is no Nomination Fee.
- There are two membership products:
i. 90 day Visitor Membership. This is only available to new Members and it is free.
ii. Full Touring Member is available only on renewal (new Members must complete the 90 day Visitor Membership).
- The fee for a Full Touring Member is $70.00 per nominated 4WD vehicle.
- There is no Trip Fee.
PROSPECTIVE MEMBER GUIDE
This Guide is intended to help prospective Members know what is expected prior to making application to join the Cockburn 4WD Club.
- You need to own or have access to a mechanically sound 4WD vehicle with reasonable off-road capabilities. Your vehicle must have a Rated Recovery Point. ‘Soft Roaders’ and ‘All Wheel Drives’ may join a Trip dependent on approval from the Trip Manager. It does not need to be highly modified although some basic equipment is required. For instance, you do not need a winch, however, you will need a 5 watt UHF radio.
- You can speak to either the President or the Secretary expressing your interest in joining the Club, or purchase a Membership on this website.
- You will be provided with details about the Cockburn 4WD Club to ensure that it is the most suitable club for what you are seeking. The Cockburn 4WD Club is a family orientated, touring club. The Club is environmentally conscious and respects the tracks it uses and our fellow 4WD community. We are not an ‘extreme’ 4WD Club. Our General Meetings are open to the public.
- Members are expected to make a reasonable effort to attend General Meetings and Trips on a regular basis, although it is appreciated that not all Members are able to attend every Meeting/Trip due to other commitments.