Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics aligns with the WA 4WD Association Code of Ethics and the National Recreational Vehicle Policy.
- Obey the laws and regulations for recreational vehicles that apply to public lands.
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private land by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and look but don’t disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own, and any other, rubbish out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound to reduce environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land. Do not disturb livestock or watering points. Leave gates as found.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, spare parts and a first aid kit on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have radphone, satellite phone or equivalent contact.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the rights of others.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a responsible person.
- Support four wheel drive touring as a responsible and legitimate family recreational activity.
THIS CODE IS VALUABLE ONLY IF YOU OBSERVE IT